Helpful Hens Recipes
Sky High Breakfast Sandwich
- Prep Time 25 MIN
- Cook Time 5 MIN
- Serves 2
- ½ lb. sweet or spicy sausage, casings removed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp organic milk
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 English muffins, toasted
- Mayonnaise (for muffins)
- Toppings: ⅓ cup sliced peppadew peppers (roughly 3 oz.) and ½ cup cilantro leaves
With damp hands, form sausage into two ¼” thick patties.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook patties for roughly 2-3 minutes, until golden brown, on each side. Transfer to a plate and wipe the skillet clean.
Place english muffins in a toaster oven for 2-3 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
Place clean skillet over medium heat and add butter until melted. Cook eggs, undisturbed, for roughly 4-5 minutes. Egg whites should be set with golden edges and a runny yolk. Season with salt and red pepper flakes (if desired). Remove pan from heat.
Spread mayonnaise evenly on 2 muffin halves. Add sausage patty and egg, then add toppings.